I am a business owner and web/app developer.
I write about things that interest me on this blog, which is usually business, money, and mobile app development. Here are a few of my favorite articles:
- How to change your habits – Habits are like compound interest, they change your life drastically over time.
- Building an app with Ionic and WordPress – a technical tutorial about apps for other developers.
- Perspective on WordPress – My thoughts after attending a conference where no one mentioned the “W” word.
- What I Learned About Real Estate Investing After Buying My First Rental – reflections on buying a turn-key property in Memphis.
- How We Paid Off $40,000 in Debt Using the Debt Snowball – debt free baby!
I’ve created several products with varying levels of success. My main gig these days is AppPresser, which has has grossed over $1M. Here’s a brief timeline:
- 2008 – Started as an in-house web designer, then went freelance
- 2010 – Sold premium WordPress themes
- 2012 – Launched a SaaS focused on fitness professionals
- 2013 – Co-founded AppPresser
- 2015/2016 – Launched Reactor & WooCommerce Smart Checkout
- 2017 – Founded Holler Box
I’ve presented at Macworld, New Media Expo, Loopconf, and several WordCamps.
Find me on Twitter: @scottbolinger